Everyone wants to sell their home for as much money as possible — and to own a property that’s more valuable now than when they bought it. Even if you aren’t currently thinking about selling your home, it can be a good idea to invest in your property this year. Investing in your home means enjoying better systems and security — and a higher final selling price when you do decide to sell. Read on to learn about five ways you can add value to your property in the coming year.
- Touch up your hardscaping. Do you have hardscaping (like a paved patio or walkway) in your yard? Resolve to touch it up and fill in any cracks for a boost to your property value.
- Add a pool. Perfect for both exercise and fun, pools add a massive increase in property value. If you’re considering adding a pool to your property, start prepping and planning now by contacting a pool installation company like Island Pools & Patios.
- Improve your curb appeal. “Curb appeal” refers to your home’s exterior aesthetics. Touching up your curb appeal can attract more buyers and increase your property value. Planting flowers in the spring, repainting fencing, and replacing worn-out siding are all excellent ways to up your curb appeal.
- Install a home security system. A home security system can help you sleep easier at night knowing that your family is safe from intruders. It also improves your property value by adding an additional layer of protection to your house.
- Invest in a new major appliance. Home buyers love to invest in properties with top-of-the-line amenities. Adding a new washer and dryer set or installing a dishwasher in your kitchen can instantly raise your property’s value. However, remember that only appliances that stay with your home when you sell improve your property value. That new food processor or crockpot might be handy, but it won’t lead to a better home sale.
From hardscaping to pool installation and maintenance, Island Pools & Patios is your one-stop-shop for every type of major home improvement. If you’re dreaming of a spring renovation, contact us today to claim your free quote!